Kay Burley should ‘be held to account’ says Piers Morgan
Earlier this week, Kay Burley, 60, issued an apology for “inadvertently” breaking coronavirus rules for her 60th birthday. On the night, she was joined by her Sky News co-stars political editor Beth Rigby and reportedly news correspondent Inzamam Rashid and presenter Sam Washington.
Pictures from the evening show Kay hugging her co-star Beth while the pair wore masks.
The duo were also seen stood outside a venue amongst a crowd.
Following the celebrations, Sky’s editor-at-large Adam Boulton, 61, retweeted a message which read: “Look at the state of Sky News.
“The morons spent all summer preaching to us and now look at them!
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
“After illegally going on a bender, they were going to go to a hospital to put lives at risk!”
Adam has since said his colleagues’ behaviour could undermine the credibility of Sky News’ journalism.
He told The Guardian: “That said, I retweet things because I think they’re of public interest, and certainly my feed has reflected a lot of people who are very concerned about the credibility of Sky News, and that I think is the important issue: the credibility of our journalism.”
Kay and nine others are believed to have celebrated her birthday at the Century Club in Soho, London.
The group then reportedly went on to visit a private restaurant, Folie, before four people went back to the host’s West London home.
After the news broke, Kay was replaced on her show by Sarah Hewson.
Her three co-stars Beth, Inzamam and Sam have now reportedly been taken off air, according to Mail online.
A representative for Sky News confirmed “a small number of Sky News staff” may had breached coronavirus rules.
Jasmine Harman in tears after A Place In The Sun buyer’s call to kids [EXCLUSIVE]
Anton Du Beke’s dance partner slams Strictly as she calls for change [REVEALED]
Giovanni Pernice breaks silence on ‘beautiful’ Strictly partner Ranvir [ADMISSION]
They told the publication: “We place the highest importance on complying with the government guidelines on Covid, and we expect all our people to comply.
“We were disappointed to learn that a small number of Sky News staff may have engaged in activity that breached the guidelines.”
Express.co.uk has contacted a representative for Sky for comment.
Kay took to Twitter to speak out about the reports and why she was taking a break from the show.
She wrote: “On Saturday, night I was enjoying my 60th birthday at a Covid-compliant restaurant.
“I am embarrassed to say later in the evening I inadvertently broke the rules. I had been waiting for a taxi at 11pm to get home.
“Desperate for the loo I briefly popped in to another restaurant to spend a penny.”
She went on to address why she will not be returning to her show until next year.
“Lovely people, whatever else you read be safe in the knowledge I was always heading to my beloved Africa on Friday to sit with lions,” she added.
Source: Read Full Article