Emily Atack, 29, opened up about her past loves and romantic history, and admitted she started therapy following the breakdown of her first serious relationship.
The actress, best know for her role in The Inbetweeners, is newly single after she split from her film producer boyfriend Rob Jowers last month.
However, the blonde beauty admitted she saw the relationship as "her happy ending".
Speaking to OK! magazine about her new memoir Are We There Yet?, Emily revealed the ending of her latest relationship is still "very raw".
- Scarlett Moffatt 'happy in own skin' as African tribe admire her 'rolls of fat'
- Snoop Dogg gifted bouquet of 48 joints for birthday in hilarious surprise
"I’ve had some amazing relationships and some not-so-good moments. I want young girls to read my book and know that whatever they’re going through, I’ve been there and lived it and survived.
"There is light at the end of the tunnel," she added.
While Emily admitted that it "has been a very, very tough time" following her split from Rob, she explained: "I’ve got so many amazing things happening in my life to distract me from the fact that I’m incredibly sad."
- Anna Vakili says sister won't go on Love Island 'because she'd get kicked off'
- I'm A Celeb star Amy Willerton announces she's five months pregnant
Discussing her first love and finding it hard to cope, she confessed she started taking "strong antidepressants for a while".
“I was with Jason [names have been changed] for a long time and it’s heartbreaking ending a relationship with somebody you still love. I think most of us can relate to knowing that a decision is right in your head but it’s still breaking your heart.
“I started seeing my therapist towards the end of my relationship with Jason; I was also on strong antidepressants for a while.”
- Emily Atack breaks silence over Rob Jowers split – saying she's 'incredibly sad'
- Amanda Holden suffers racy wardrobe malfunction in frontless dress
However, since her appearance on last year's I'm A Celeb! the small screen star's career has skyrocketed.
Emily is heading back out on tour next month as she takes her Talk Thirty To Me stage show across the UK.
Source: Read Full Article