Megan Thee Stallion Cancels Houston Concert in the Wake of Astroworld Tragedy

The ‘WAP’ hitmaker, who previously announced the concert while celebrating her graduation from Texas Southern University, says she cancels the show ‘out of respect’ for the Astroworld victims.

AceShowbizMegan Thee Stallion has scrapped her schedule for a Houston concert. In the wake of the Astroworld tragedy, the “Thot S**t” raptress announced that she has canceled her show in the city.

The 26-year-old femcee, real name Megan Jovon Ruth Pete, made the announcement via a statement. “Out of respect for the lives lost in Houston earlier this month, I have decided to cancel my show at 713 Music Hall on Dec 3,” she began her message.

“Houston is still healing, and it’s important that our community be given the appropriate time to grieve,” the Grammy-winning artist added. “My heart goes out to all the families that are suffering during this difficult time.”

Megan first announced the Houston concert earlier this month as she celebrated her graduation from Texas Southern University. “DEC 3RD IM PERFORMING LIVE IN HOUSTON TX,” she exclaimed on Instagram at the time. “HOUSTON HOTTIES SAVE THEE DATE for the grand opening of #713MusicHall. Tix on sale Monday, 11/08 at 10AM!”

The girlfriend of rapper Pardison Fontaine will be receiving her bachelor’s degree in health administration on December 11. However, she already celebrated it by taking racy college graduation pictures in which she rocked a hot pink thong swimsuit, a Texas Southern University sash and a pair of silver stilettos.

The announcement came after eight people, ranging in age from 14 to 27, died at Travis Scott (II)‘s Astroworld music festival. Two others died after being hospitalized for days. A hundred others, meanwhile, were injured at the 50,000-person show, which took place at the NRG Park on November 5.

Following the ordeal, Travis, Drake, Apple Music, Live Nation and NRG Stadium were hit with a $2 billion lawsuit on behalf of the 282 victims who are represented by San Antonio-based attorney, Thomas J. Henry. “The defendants stood to make an exorbitant amount of money off of this event, and they still chose to cut corners, cut costs, and put attendees at risk,” the lawyer said.

“My clients want to ensure the defendants are held responsible for their actions,” the lawyer added. “And they want to send the message to all performers, event organizers, and promoters that what happened at Astroworld cannot happen again.”

Source: Read Full Article