Travis Scott Hit With New $2 Billion Lawsuit After Astroworld Tragedy

The billion worth lawsuit is filed by Texas-based attorney Thomas J. Henry against the ‘Goosebumps’ rapper, Drake, Apple Music, Live Nation as well as NRG Stadium on behalf of 282 victims of the deadly concert.

AceShowbizTravis Scott (II) has been hit with a new lawsuit following the deadly Astroworld Festival. The “SICKO MODE” rapper was slapped with a $2 billion suit which was filed by Thomas J. Henry on behalf of 282 victims.

On Thursday, November 18, Thomas, a San Antonio, Texas-based attorney, filed the legal document against the “Goosebumps” rapper, Drake, Apple Music, Live Nation as well as NRG Stadium. Per a press release from Thomas, the lawsuit seeks $2 billion in damages.

In the suit, Thomas stated that it was estimated that over 300 people were treated for injuries at the festival, while 25 people were hospitalized. Astroworld Festival left  ten people killed. Eight attendees were pronounced dead at the scene and two more deaths were reported in the following weeks.

“The defendants stood to make an exorbitant amount of money off of this event, and they still chose to cut corners, cut costs, and put attendees at risk,” said Thomas. “My clients want to ensure the defendants are held responsible for their actions, and they want to send the message to all performers, event organizers, and promoters that what happened at Astroworld cannot happen again.”

Previously, Thomas claimed the injuries his clients sustained at the festival ranged from heart attacks and brain injuries to broken bones and extensive bruising and bleeding. “Those who were injured are still very traumatized because they had to step over dead bodies,” he stated.

“They didn’t have a choice because there was nowhere to move. These people were trapped,” Thomas continued. He added, “The crushing effect was so heavy and so hard. They couldn’t breathe. They couldn’t get out.”

The billion worth suit came after Travis was hit with another massive lawsuit, worth $750 million, which was filed against him by more than 125 fans after the deadly Astroworld Festival. The legal paper was submitted to court by Houston attorney Tony Buzzbee.

The lawsuit claimed the $750 million is meant to cover both physical and mental health injuries as well as the loss of life. “No amount of money will ever make these Plaintiffs whole; no amount of money can restore human life,” Tony said. The attorney further explained, “But, the damages sought in this case attempts to fix, help, or make up for the harms and losses suffered by these Plaintiffs — nothing more and nothing less.”

Travis and Live Nation had offered refunds to concertgoers. However, Tony called it “a transparent and grotesque effort of the Defendants to limit their liability, after the fact, to the families of those killed or injured” in the lawsuit.

Source: Read Full Article