Fans of Better Call Saul are thrilled to know Bob Odenkirk is feeling better after suffering a heart attack in July, but questions about the future of the show remain. The actor has been forced to take a break from the AMC series to recover, raising questions about the production schedule of the series. While it is not yet known how long it’ll take him to get back to work, it looks like the show is still filming and doing what it can without him.
Bob Odenkirk is taking ‘a beat’ to focus on his health
Odenkirk, who had been filming the sixth season of Better Call Saul since early 2021, had to be hospitalized after falling ill on July 27, per TMZ.
“I had a small heart attack,” Odenkirk confirmed on Twitter a few days later. “But I’m going to be ok thanks to Rosa Estrada and the doctors who knew how to fix the blockage without surgery. Also, AMC and SONYs support and help throughout this has been next-level. I’m going to take a beat to recover but I’ll be back soon.”
At the time of the incident, The Hollywood Reporter noted that production had allegedly paused as “everyone involved with the series remains focused on Odenkirk’s health.” It was not known when filming would resume, but based on new comments from actor Tony Dalton (Lalo Salamanca), it looks like it eventually did.
Tony Dalton’s update on ‘Better Call Saul’ Season 6 in full
Dalton gave a status update in a conversation with the website Quién. In the interview, translated from Spanish, the actor mentioned that he’d recently spoke to Odenkirk and found him in good spirits.
“He already wants to go back to work,” he said. “But well, until his doctors and his wife let him basically, he won’t be able to return, but I hope he will be back soon.”
As far as where filming stands, Dalton explained, “Right now we are filming all the scenes he is not in and waiting until he is given the green light to return to work, but the truth is despite everything this business entails, the most important thing is that he is healthy … I mean, it’s someone’s life, nothing is more important.”
Dalton didn’t get into the plot details, but there’s no doubt that Lalo will be on the hunt for revenge after being betrayed by Nacho Varga. Dalton even told Entertainment Weekly that Nacho should be “really” scared of what might happen next.
“I don’t know what these guys are going to come up with,” he added, “but I will tell you one thing, which is one of the great things about this show and the writers is that you don’t know what’s going to happen. A lot of these shows, you’re like, ‘Oh, I know. This guy is going to die,’ or something like that. Here, they really throw curveballs at you. So I have no idea what to expect, but I know it will be great.”
Expect ‘Better Call Saul’ in 2022
While an exact release date for the next season is not yet known, all signs point to a 2022 premiere date. While we wait for its return, you can check out Better Call Saul Seasons 1-4 on Netflix now.
Source: Read Full Article