Katie Price's £50k diamond engagement ring Carl Woods gave her 'taken in assault'

POLICE are investigating claims that Katie Price had her seven-carat diamond engagement ring taken ­during her alleged assault.

The rock, believed to be worth about £50,000, was custom made for 43-year-old Katie by a jeweller in East London.

But the mum of five has claimed she was the victim of a physical assault at her home in Essex in the early hours of Monday.

And a source said yesterday: “Katie no longer has her ring. It cost thousands but went during the incident.”

The model-turned-TV personality previously told of her love for the bling, saying it was like a “fairy-tale ring and more than I could dream of”.

It was given to her by her partner Carl Woods, a car dealer who made a brief appearance on the 2016 series of Love Island.

The pair met in June last year and embarked on a whirlwind romance, with Carl, 32, moving into Katie’s home last September.

They got engaged earlier this year and have openly talked about trying for a baby.

Following Monday’s alleged attack, Essex Police confirmed that a man had been arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour.

He has since been released on conditional bail until September 20 pending further investigation on all three counts. The man has not been identified for legal reasons.

  • Visit our Katie Price page for the latest updates

Katie was taken to hospital following the incident and is now said to be too upset to return home.

She sent pals to her home to collect her things and has made plans to stay elsewhere for the time being.

Police have been interviewing her neighbours to try to obtain witness statements.

An insider said: “At the moment, they are building a case which includes various forms of evidence from the property.”

Talking exclusively to The Sun after the alleged attack, Katie said: “I’ve got a big bruise, my face is all puffy and I went to hospital. I’m still all dazed.

“I’m devastated. I’ve told the police that I was assaulted and am in shock that this happened.”

Essex Police said: “We were called by colleagues in the ambulance service to reports of an assault shortly after 1.30am.

“We found a woman had sustained a facial injury which required hospital treatment.

“A man was arrested a short time later on suspicion of assault.”

    Source: Read Full Article