Simon McCoy hits back at critics as his GB News show plummets to 'zero viewers'

Simon McCoy has hit back after it emerged that the viewership of his GB News show ‘plummeted to zero’ this week, shutting down any speculation that he might consider leaving.

Earlier this week, journalist Guto Harri took the knee live on air on GB News in solidarity with the England football team’s demonstration against racism.

On Thursday, following the call by some viewers to boycott GB News over Guto’s act, the channel released a statement that said while the firm doesn’t ‘have a company line on taking the knee’, the taking of the knee live on air ‘was an unacceptable breach of our standards’.

It was later reported that the day after the presenter took the knee live on air, several GB News shows purportedly recorded zero viewers, with a report published in The Guardian outlining that some segments did not attract an audience large enough to be measured.

This included ex-BBC presenter Simon’s afternoon programme with former Ukip spokesperson Alex Phillips, which is said to have attracted zero viewers at 5pm.

Last night, a Twitter user tweeted Simon asking him about his future on GB News, writing: ‘Do you reckon you’ll leave GBN before it closes?’

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

Source: Read Full Article