Jesy Nelson shares preview of her new single!
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Jesy Nelson has no plans to have children, following the news that two of her former bandmates have recently welcomed babies. The 30-year-old singer, who quit Little Mix earlier this year, spoke out about motherhood in a new interview.
Jesy told Glamour UK that she doesn’t see children in her future.
“It’s just not in me. I think as a woman, [motherhood is] either in you or it isn’t.
“You either have that maternal feeling or you don’t, and I’ve never had that feeling,” she said.
The former X Factor star continued: “I think women have to do what is right for them.”
The songstress, who stars on the cover of the October Digital issue, went on to reveal that she hasn’t met her former bandmates’ new babies yet.
Little Mix star Perrie Edwards and her partner Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain welcomed a son into the world this summer.
Axel was born on August 21.
Bandmate Leigh-Anne Pinnock gave birth to twins on the 16th, not revealing their arrival until the day after Perrie’s baby announcement.
The pop star and her fiancé Andre Gray, who did not reveal that they were expecting twins, have not yet released the names of her children.
Jesy quit Little Mix at the end of last year after nine years in the band.
The group, which also includes Jade Thirlwall, was formed on The X Factor back in 2011.
They won the ITV talent show and went on to have huge chart success over the years.
Meghan Markle’s ‘inappropriate’ New York wardrobe blasted by Lady C [INSIGHT]
Gordon Ramsay speaks out on daughter’s sexual assault [UPDATE]
Stacey Solomon gives birth to baby girl with Joe Swash on her birthday [PICTURES]
However, Jesy said being in the band took its toll on her mental health.
“I find the constant pressure of being a girl group and live up to expectations very hard,” she said in an Instagram update announcing her departure.
“There comes a time in life when we need to reinvest in taking care of ourselves rather than focusing on making other people happy, and I feel like now is the time to begin the process,” the singer added.
Echoing the sentiment, Jesy told the publication: “My thirties are going to be all about me.”
Earlier this month, Jesy teased her first solo release following her exit.
She shared the artwork for her brand new single, Boyz, on social media.
The track, which also features Nicki Minaj, is set to be released on Friday.
“It’s time,” she wrote on Instagram, in view of her 8.4 million followers.
Read the full interview in the GLAMOUR UK October Digital Issue online now.
Source: Read Full Article